Sunday, March 8, 2015

This weekend I attended STAPLE! The Independent Media Expo in Austin. I had a great deal of success at my table, selling lots of copies of my comic books. I also had the opportunity to meet some cartoonists who are publishing terrific new books. I'll be writing about several of them the next few days.

First up is Chris Ruggia from Alpine, Texas. Chris has created a webcomic called Jack: Adventures in Texas' Big Bend. It is a webcomic which also ran in the Big Bend Gazette. This is a family friendly comic which, while visually reminiscent of Walt Kelly and Jeff Smith, is an original creation. I highly recommend the three volume collection that Chris has published. It is available through his website where previous comic strips are also archived.


Here's the link to Chris Ruggia's work - 




No comments:

Post a Comment