Monday, January 19, 2015

My name is Rick Brooks. I am a classroom teacher and a part time cartoonist. I am married to the beautiful Monica Brooks, and we have two daughters. Nikki just graduated from college, and Adi is in her final semester. We live in San Antonio.

Why do I have a blog, and what makes me think I have anything worth saying? The answer to the first question is, I've been told repeatedly that I need a blog to somehow generate publicity for my comic strip and various publications. As for the second question, I don't know. I've been reading comic books since I was a little kid, so I have lots to say on that subject. I've been teaching for over thirty years, so I have plenty of opinions about education. Every morning as I eat breakfast, I rant to Monica about various outrages in the daily newspaper. I guess I'll write about whatever pops into my cranium. It may or may not be entertaining or informative. I can guarantee that it's probably not going to be very well researched. I guess the only thing I'm sure of is, it'll be what I think.

Here is a link to the aforementioned comic strip - http://mrmorris.webcomic.ws

Mr. Morris has been running online for about three years. I update it twice per week. I also self syndicate the comic strip to four weekly newspapers. If you'd like to see it in your hometown newspaper, hound your newspaper's editorial staff mercilessly until they contact me.




5 comments:

  1. I am honored, pleased, and proud to be the first comment. I look forward to reading your musings and rants on the goings-on of our environs. Best wishes from "the other one!" Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your other "double," I am honored to make the second comment. I look forward to reading your blog. I still get called "Mr. Brooks." It's probably the two O's in our last names. ;-) Robert Hood

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear from two of my former Harris colleagues. I hope I can meet your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to make the third comment! Looking forward to your rants against outrages.

    ReplyDelete