Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Another of my projects is Action Anthology. I just published the first issue of this comic book created by my cousin Chuck Todd and me. Chuck and I are old school comic book fans. We grew up during the Silver and Bronze Age of comic books. Today's comic books are quite different from the comics of our youth, and, in the immortal words of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, "Everything is not as good as it used to be!" (The previous line must be read in a thick Eastern European accent.) Anyway we put together a collection of original stories and hope to publish it on a regular basis. Here's the trailer for the comic book that appears on YouTube.


If you're interested in Action Anthology, you can order it from my website using PayPal.

http://rickbrooksbooks.com/Page_4.html

or send a check for $4.50 to Rick Brooks; PO Box 28075; San Antonio, TX 78228.

Okay, enough of the hard sell. Chuck and I drew three short stories. One is a sword and sorcery tale, the second is a western, and the third is a science fiction/super-hero story. We had a lot of fun creating them, and I like to think that people would have a lot of fun reading them. When it comes down to it, that's the big difference between comics now and when we were kids - the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment